Hourly Min/Mid/Max:$11.00/$13.48/$16.65 Annual Min/Mid/Max:$22,968/$28,146/$34,765
Position Type:Created Date:
Purpose of Classification:
Provides musical accompaniment for dance classes, choral groups and/or individual performers.
This is first in a series of two classifications. Very little composition is involved at this level.
Example of Duties:
- Provides musical accompaniment for dance classes, choral groups and/or individual performances.
- Plays from memory or by following score.
- Selects and arranges musical compositions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of music arrangement and composition.
- Skill in playing the appropriate instrument.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- One year of experience as a musical accompanist; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.