Athletic Equipment Attendant
Purpose of Classification:
Issues athletic equipment to athletes, coaches, students and/or faculty. Maintains athletic equipment and performs minor repairs as needed.
This is first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the second level, Athletic Equipment Specialist, in that incumbents do not have supervisory responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification are required to maintain flexible work schedules in order to accommodate evening and weekend athletic events or practices depending on sporting season.
Example of Duties:
- Distributes various athletic equipment to athletes, coaches, students and faculty; maintains records of equipment issued.
- Maintains athletic equipment to insure readiness for sport events and practices; launders uniforms and practice clothing; repairs equipment or clothing for rips and tears and performs other maintenance duties as equipment requires.
- Issues lockers, assigns locks and assists with maintaining overall cleanliness of locker room.
- Assists in fitting athletic equipment.
- Determines supplies required for equipment maintenance such as laundry soap and procures according to department procedures.
- Prepares, packs and loads clothing and equipment for out of town sporting events.
- Maintains inventory of equipment for one or more sport teams.
- Assists with the preparation of facilities for intercollegiate athletic team practices.
- Coordinates work of student equipment attendants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of athletic equipment care and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of inventory methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- No prior experience required.