Athletic Facilities Attendant
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains athletic facilities and prepares facilities for all sporting events and physical education classes. Performs other set up functions in preparation for event such as bleacher set up and painting of facility.
This is first in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from the second level, Athletic Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, in that incumbents do not have supervisory responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification may be required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to accommodate evening and weekend sporting events depending on sport season.
Example of Duties:
- Maintains sport facility grounds including sodding, fertilizing, raking, lining fields, painting, marking lanes, and other preparations as various sports require.
- Sets up and moves bleachers, stands and various sport equipment for both indoor and outdoor events as required; dismantles and/or stores equipment after event.
- Maintains facility maintenance equipment and performs minor repairs on equipment as required.
- Operates various equipment and vehicles in performance of duties such as trucks, lawnmowers and field lining equipment.
- Cleans facilities after sporting events; leads work of student employees.
- Sets up athletic equipment for physical education courses according to class schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ground care and maintenance.
- Knowledge of sporting specifications and standards for facility and field preparation.
- Skill in operating ground maintenance equipment.
- Skill in following both verbal and written instructions.
- No prior experience required.