Automotive Service Asst Suprv
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises mechanics and attendants in the repair and maintenance of vehicles.
This is fifth in a series of seven classifications and is distinguished from others by being the first full supervisory level in the series. This classification typically reports to the Automotive Service Supervisor.
Example of Duties:
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Requisitions automotive parts.
- Issues parts and supplies to mechanics and maintains appropriate records.
- Inventories parts and maintains proper level of parts on hand.
- Prepares and issues work orders to mechanics.
- Dispatches personnel for emergency service calls.
- Prepares format of annual bid process for automotive parts.
- Schedules and sends notices to physical resource shops for preventative maintenance on vehicles.
- Issues and makes computer gas cards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automotive and heavy equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Skill in the diagnosis and repair of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Skill in leading the work of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Six years experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of automobiles which includes one year of lead experience; OR,
- Completion of a one year vocational training program in automotive mechanics AND five years experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of automobiles which includes one year of lead experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- May be required to obtain a current 609 Mobile Air Conditioning Certification.
- May be required to obtain a current Arizona Emissions Inspections Certification.
- Possession of current Arizona Type D, B or C driver's license upon employment.