Hourly Min/Mid/Max:$11.00/$13.48/$16.65 Annual Min/Mid/Max:$22,968/$28,146/$34,765
Position Type:Created Date:
Purpose of Classification:
Repairs and maintains grounds/labor equipment.
This is first in a series of two classifications. Working conditions - restricted movement, dirty environment, intense noise; lifts or carries heavy objects.
Example of Duties:
- Overhauls engines (1-6 cylinders), automatic and manual transmissions, clutches and hydraulic systems on generators, riding mowers, rotary mowers, blowers, compressors, vacuums, street sweepers, cement mixers, power trowels, jack hammers, cement saws, backhoes, cranes, dumptrucks and other equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance by changing oil, lubricating, replacing worn parts and adjusting aforementioned equipment.
- Sharpens hand tools and mower reels, bed knives, rotary mower blades, rototillers, vertical machines and sod cutters.
- Maintains inventory and appropriate records.
- Requisitions replacement parts.
- Operates diagnostic electronic equipment for checking charging systems, blade tip speeds, braking systems and electronic ignition.
- Performs arc and gas welding and fabrication of unique turf equipment.
- Performs tune-ups, repairs brake system, steering systems, electrical and electronic ignition systems; operates voltmeter to troubleshoot electronic systems failures in starters and alternators and portable emergency generators.
- May shovel and remove snow and ice from designated areas.
- May operate various snow removal equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge in the use of common hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of grounds/labor equipment.
- Skill in repairing and maintaining grounds/labor equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Four years of experience in the maintenance and repair of grounds/labor equipment; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.