Purpose of Classification:
Takes event tickets, directs patrons to seating; collects parking fees, directs patrons to authorized parking areas and monitors parking areas. May also act as guard or usher and screens for contraband materials brought to the event.
This is first in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Event Attendant, Senior in that the Event Attendant is not responsible for monitoring the work of other Event Attendants.
Example of Duties:
- Collects tickets from patrons and ensures tickets are valid.
- Screens patrons for prohibited items, such as containers or alcohol.
- Guards entrances and exits; monitors aisles and tunnels in facility; guards parking areas.
- Directs patrons to their seating locations and to authorized parking areas.
- Provides information to patrons regarding the events and special facilities for the disabled; provides directions and/or parking alternatives request for visitors, students, staff and faculty.
- Counts tickets received.
- Collects parking fees from customers and issues valid ticket.
- Screens patrons for proper parking permit, providing entry to authorized vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the seating arrangements and special facilities of the building.
- Skill in handling money including making change.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- No prior experience required.