Event Attendant, Lead
Purpose of Classification:
Oversees and supervises event attendants who act as guards, ushers and ticket attendants for events.
This is third in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from the Event Attendant, Senior in that incumbents typically supervise Event Attendant, Seniors and the majority of time spent is on supervision.
Example of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Ensures adequate staffing for each event and briefs staff on specific assignments.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of the assignment roster and payroll attendants.
- Trains events attendants.
- Informs management of problems with the public, students, staff and facilities.
- Monitors the inventory of crew supplies at the beginning of each event season.
- Provides information and resolves problems and complaints of patrons.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in prioritizing and coordinating activities of others.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Two years of event attendant experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.