Event Attendant, Senior
Purpose of Classification:
Takes tickets and directs patrons. May also act as guard or usher and ensures contraband materials are not brought into the event.
This is the second in a series of three classifications. It is distinguished from the Event Attendant in that the Event Attendant, Senior monitors the work of Event Attendants and is responsible for handling difficult patrons.
Example of Duties:
- Monitors the work of Event Attendants.
- Answers inquiries of patrons and Event Attendants.
- Collects tickets from patrons and ensures tickets are valid.
- Ensures prohibited items, such as containers or alcohol, are not brought into the facility.
- May guard entrances and exits and monitor aisles and tunnels in facility.
- Directs patrons to their seating locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the seating arrangements and special facilities of the building.
- Skill in effectively dealing with the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- One year of Event Attendant experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.