Events Coordinator, Senior
Purpose of Classification:
Schedules and coordinates various types of public and athletic events and services for numerous community organizations. Arranges all aspects of events such as security, technical arrangements, various services and staffing.
This is second in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the first level in that incumbents in this classification coordinate a wide variety of large events each having varied preparatory requirements. Incumbents in this classification are required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. Maintains on-call status.
Example of Duties:
- Books and schedules facility and services for use by campus and outside organizations; negotiates and prepares rental contract determining fees and terms of contract; estimates costs and determines event budget.
- Coordinates with renter to determine technical and/or other special requirements needed for event; determines resources available such as equipment or labor and compares with event requirements; coordinates obtainment of additional resources needed such as equipment rental.
- Serves as facility representative during events by responding to and resolving emergency situations and/or patron problems such as medical emergencies or security incidents; ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Assists with settlement of event by providing information and determining fiscal accuracy of fees.
- Maintains direct contact with personnel of various outside organizations and university departments associated with scheduled events.
- Represents university in public relations/liaison capacity on matters relating to events and at department meetings.
- Coordinates souvenir sales with event promoter; oversees setup of souvenir stands; determines sales volume and percentage of sales received as revenue.
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Coordinates event logistics by insuring proper set up of chairs, turnstiles, tables and other requirements; arranges adequate medical and security coverage.
- Monitors, determines and/or arranges physical maintenance of facility as required; oversees daily security of facility.
- Provides assistance and information to faculty, staff and outside organizations regarding facility use and capabilities; maintains contact with patrons or clients via telephone or written correspondence.
- Performs functions related to specific facility assigned such as tracking event attendance, development of facility brochures or other unique projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge in scheduling, box office operations and contract administration.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of technical requirements for various events.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Skill in organization required to coordinate several events simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND three years of facility and/or service administration and coordination experience; OR,
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in facility and/or service administration and coordination; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.