Extension Program Assistant
Purpose of Classification:
Assists in the development and presentation of teaching programs and the recruitment of volunteers and youth. Incumbents typically assist County Extension Agents in the presentation of subject matter and/or presents subject matter of a routine nature to youth and adult volunteer audiences. Incumbents are not responsible for the design, development and implementation of instructional programs.
This is first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the Home Living Assistant series in that this classification's major focus is on the presentation of extension programs. Incumbents typically report to an Extension Program Assistant, Lead and/or a County Extension Agent. This classification requires a flexible work schedule in order to meet the objectives of the extension program.
Example of Duties:
- Assists in the development and presentation of subject matter in one or more program areas for youth and adult development through workshops and training sessions.
- Assists and/or organizes, promotes, coordinates and conducts specific programs with individuals in specific geographic areas.
- Answers inquiries and provides information relating to completion of forms, meetings, materials, recordkeeping and other related functions to conduct programs.
- Participates in needs assessment for Extension program planning, development and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of teaching principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- One year of instructional leadership, volunteer development or community organization experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.