Extension Program Assistant, Lead
Purpose of Classification:
Assists in the development and presentation of teaching programs and the recruitment of volunteers and youth. Incumbents typically assist County Extension Agents and coordinate Extension Program Assistants in the presentation of subject matter. Incumbents present subject matter of a routine nature to youth and adult volunteer audiences. Assists the County Extension Agent in the design, development and implementation of instructional programs.
This is second in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from the first level by the lead responsibilities. Incumbents typically report to a County Extension Agent. This classification requires a flexible work schedule in order to meet the objectives of the Extension program.
Example of Duties:
- Assists in the development and presentation of subject matter in one or more program areas for youth and adult development through workshops and training sessions.
- Assists and/or organizes, promotes, coordinates and conducts specific programs with individuals in specific geographical areas.
- Answers inquiries and provides information relating to completion of forms, meetings, materials, recordkeeping and other related functions to conduct programs.
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates who may be university employees or community volunteers.
- Initiates and participates in needs assessment for Extension program planning, development and implementation.
- Serves as liaison between county Extension office and clientele.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of teaching principles, pract ices and procedures.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and organizational skills.
- Skill in obtaining community resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Two years of instructional leadership, volunteer development or community organization experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.