Facilities Events Coordinator
Purpose of Classification:
Responsible for set-up of furniture and audio visual equipment in conference rooms, banquet rooms and University mall. Directs personnel in furniture and audio visual equipment set-up assignments. Supervises student assistants, temporary facilities personnel and housekeeping personnel through scheduling, assigning tasks, training and assisting with performance management.
This classification reports to the Facilities Events Services Supervisor. This is the first in a series of two classifications. Lifting at 25 to 75 pounds unassisted is required for this position.
Example of Duties:
- Assigns and inspects the work activities of set-up team, schedules and inspects the work
- Develops and implements training programs for set-up and housekeeping personnel. Assists in performance evaluation of personnel.
- Inspects the work of housekeeping personnel to assure accuracy, compliance with contract and cleanliness of set-ups.
- Recommends purchases of cleaning equipment and materials and maintains supply storeroom.
- Recommends new methods to promote efficiency and supply cost reduction.
- Participates in department planning and assessment activities. Represents Facilities Events Supervisor at staff meeting and/or committees. Participates in Operations staff training activities.
- Meets with customers to insure customer satisfaction and meet pre-event requests from customers.
- Assists in preparation of room set-ups for conferences, banquets, concerts and mall events as needed.
- Provides audio visual equipment and other equipment at customers request.
- Participates in custodial projects including buffing, stripping, waxing floors and carpet cleaning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of room settings including conferences, banquets, concerts and outdoor mall events.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of custodial equipment cleaning, products, techniques and standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate through writing and speaking.
- Ability to direct and supervise the tasks of facilities events personnel and student worker.
- Three years of conference room set-up with furniture and audio visual and sound systems equipment.
- Possession of a Class II Arizona driver's license upon employment.