Facilities Events Services Supervisor
Purpose of Classification:
Responsible for the preparation of facilities for conferences, banquets, University mall events and other special more complex events. Supervise the functions of Facilities Events Coordinator, Custodian, Operations Assistants, Operations Apprentices and contracted housekeeping staff.
This classification reports to the Program Director for Operations. This is second in a series of two classifications. This position supervises the Facilities Events Coordinator.
Example of Duties:
- Directs supervision of Facilities Events Coordinator to assure appropriate set-ups of room furniture and audio visual equipment. Schedules and reviews set-up requests and determines if extra set-up help is needed.
- Recruits, selects, hires and evaluates the performance of employees within the department. Schedules tasks as needed in two facilities.
- Inspects facilities, storage areas, hallways, fixtures and events set-ups as needed to assure customer and contract compliance.
- Maintains compliance with Housekeeping Vendor contract for the University to assure that housekeeping functions are performed satisfactorily within the facilities.
- Meets with customers to assist in planning of events. Coordinates with University departments to produce room set-up diagrams and to determine the abilities to meet a customers physical and technical requests.
- Coordinates with banquet coordinator and catering office the appropriateness of banquet set-ups. Assists with deliveries for the catering department.
- Develops and maintains training programs for facilities set-up and audio visual personnel and housekeeping personnel to assure successful job performance.
- Prepares and maintains manuals, appropriate reports and other documents regarding facilities events procedures and services.
- Requisitions appropriate materials and supplies and recommends budget for materials and equipment for facilities. Participates in strategic long-term budget development and facilities planing. Monitors annual budget.
- Participates in departmental meetings, committees and training activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of room settings including conferences, banquets, concerts and outdoor mall events.
- Knowledge of audio visual equipment maintenance and usage.
- Ability to hire, supervise and assess performance of facility events personnel in multiple locations.
- Ability to effectively communicate through writing and speaking.
- Ability to administer and supervise vendor contracts.
- Four years of custodial, conference room furniture, audio visual and sound system set-ups which includes; one year of supervisory experience in a facilities/service operation; AND,
- Possession of a Class D Arizona driver's license upon employment.