Facilities Management Asst. Director
Purpose of Classification:
Manages, administers and directs a large section of Facilities Management. Incumbents are responsible for administration, policy and procedure formulation and implementation for one of the service areas of Facilities Management. Incumbents report to a director and typically supervise the departmental supervisory staff.
This is a specialized classification and is not part of a series.
Example of Duties:
- Administers a service function such as Maintenance, Operations, Business, Custodial or Engineering and Utilities with two or more full time employees or their equivalent which enables the university to operate twenty-four hours a day.
- Directs a Facilities Management departmental staff.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Serves as liaison to the university community to ensure quality service is provided and state or federal specifications and standards are met.
- Plans, develops and manages appropriated and contract budgets and is responsible for long range planning, cost saving development, contract preparation and negotiations.
- Plans, develops and recommends new or revised policies and programs to meet the needs of the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative and management principles, theories and practices.
- Knowledge of management and supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of budgetary and long range planning.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field AND six years of related administrative or management experience; OR,
- Ten years of related administrative or management experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.