Purpose of Classification:
Manages all functions of the Garage/Motor Pool operations which include, but are not limited to; acquisition, replacement, repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment to include gas and propane vehicles, fleet rental operation, alternative fuel program, budgeting, rate calculation, safety, procurement, compliance with governmental mandates and technical training.
Example of Duties:
- Supervises fleet personnel,which includes: providing and/or
recommending training; coordinating, scheduling and assigning work projects; establishing performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities; evaluating work performance; providing feedback, direction and guidance; keeping personnel abreast of new or revised information; answering questions; and recommending and/or implementing personnel actions.
- Develops section budget by forecasting income and expenses and
recording the resulting information in a predetermined format for review and approval.
- Establishes goals and objectives, directs the development of policies
and procedures for the department including setting guidelines on procurement, utilization, repair, replacement, disposal and proper management.
- Recommends the appointment of personnel,provides and/or
coordinates staff training, works with employees to correct deficiencies, implements discipline procedures, evaluates staff, and recommends employee terminations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration,Public Administration or a Bachelor's degree in a related field that pertains to the knowledge, skills, abilities, duties and responsibilities of the position AND 5 years of experience in Fleet Management which includes 3 years of supervisory experience;
- OR Associate degree in Business Administration or an Associate degree in related field that pertains to the knowledge, skills, abilities, duties and responsibilities of the position AND 7 years of experience in Fleet Management which includes 3 years of supervisory experience;
- 10 years of fleet Management experience which includes 3 years of supervisory experience