Floor Covering Specialist, Senior
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates the installation and removal of various types of floor coverings and tiles.
This class differs from the Floor Covering Specialist in that the Floor Covering Specialist, Senior coordinates work flow and leads the work of others. Position requires certification by manufacturers on warranted products and safety training for the removal of hazardous materials such as asbestos.
Example of Duties:
- Coordinates the work of others.
- Coordinates and schedules jobs and materials.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Maintains time, payroll and material records.
- Requisitions materials and contacts vendors regarding finding the correct materials.
- Evaluates jobs to determine appropriate action to take and the type of materials to use.
- Installs and removes floor coverings and tiles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of floor covering and tile installation and removal.
- Skill in floor covering and tile methods and techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Six years of experience in the removal, installation and repair of carpeting, tile and ceramic tile; or,
- Any equivalent combination of experience training and/or education approved by Human Resources.