As a reminder, the new version of Form I-9 goes into effect today. I-9 Approvers must ensure that the new version is used for all Form I-9s submitted to Workforce Systems.
UAccess I-9s (I-9s Completed Within UAccess)
- The new Form I-9 (version date Aug. 1, 2023) is now available in UAccess Employee
- Pending Form I-9s in UAccess Employee will be automatically updated to the new version
Remote I-9s (I-9s Completed Outside UAccess)
- I-9 Approvers must ensure the new Form I-9 (version date Aug. 1, 2023) is used for I-9s completed outside of UAccess Employee on or after Nov. 1, 2023
- The new Form I-9 and instructions are available online on the I-9 Central website
- Workforce Systems will not be able to accept the previous Form I-9 (version date Oct. 19, 2019) if completed by an employee on or after Nov. 1, 2023
What has changed?
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has published a Summary of Changes online
- The new Form I-9 contains several format changes that merged multiple fields, but the same information is gathered
- When completing Section 2 of the new Form I-9, there is now a check box for E-Verify employers to indicate when they have used the alternative procedure to examine an employee’s Form I-9 documents
- Only I-9 Approvers who will complete Section 2 and submit the E-Verify case are eligible to use the alternative procedure to examine an employee’s Form I-9 documents
- Do not select the alternative procedure box if documents were verified in person
Please share this information with your colleagues.