RESOURCES FOR PROSPECTIVE FACULTY
We are pleased that you are considering joining the University of Arizona community and want to ensure that you have the best possible start. These resources offer advice on negotiation and a checklist of potential issues and items to discuss during the hiring process. Why provide negotiation advice to faculty candidates? Because we want you to request what you need and to feel good about what we are able to offer. We’ve worked hard to get you here and want you to be equally successful.
- Lean Out: The Dangers for Women Who Negotiate
- How Can Women Escape the Compensation Negotiation Dilemma? Relational Accounts Are One Answer
- Women Don’t Ask: Gender and the Negotiation Divide
- Dos and Don’ts of Salary Negotiation
- Negotiation Challenges for Women Leaders
- Tips for New Assistant Professors
- Promotion and Tenure Advice
- UA Promotion and Tenure Policies
- Resources for Faculty: Here you'll find information of specific interest to new faculty members, such as instructional and research support, faculty development and advancement, faculty organizations, and more.