The University of Arizona logo

Home and Auto Insurance Discount Program – FAQs

General Questions

What is the Employee Auto and Homeowner's Group Discount Insurance Program?

This is a voluntary auto, home, and personal property insurance program. It features benefits and conveniences that are not available to individual policyholders, including a special group discount. Automobile, Homeowner’s, Renter’s, Condominium, and Umbrella (Personal Excess Liability) insurance are available.

Who is eligible to participate in the program?

The program is open to all benefits-eligible University of Arizona employees.

Which companies provide insurance for this program?

The program is offered by two of the leading providers of employer-sponsored auto and home insurance programs, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and Travelers.

When may I enroll, and how do I enroll?

As a benefits-eligible employee, you may enroll at any time. Contact the insurance company’s toll-free number to enroll.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (800) 531-8201
Travelers (888) 695-4640


Must I wait for my current policy to expire before I may take advantage of this discount?

You may cancel your current policy at any time. However, some policies may charge midterm cancellation penalties.

How may I compare the group rate to my current policy?

Using your current policy for reference, call the toll-free number for a free coverage review and a no-obligation premium quote.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (800) 531-8201
Travelers (888) 695-4640

A licensed insurance professional will provide all the information you need. You may even enroll in the program while you’re on the phone. 

I already have coverage with one of these carriers. Am I eligible for the group rate?

Phone your insurance company’s special University toll-free number and tell the licensed insurance professional that you are a current policyholder, and that you would like to save with the UA group rate. The insurance professional will explain how to convert your policy.

May I cancel my policy at any time?

You may cancel your policy at any time by phoning the insurance company’s toll-free number. Please consider arranging adequate coverage to replace your existing policy.

What happens to my coverage if I leave the University of Arizona?

If you terminate your employment with, or retire from, the University of Arizona, you may continue your coverage on a direct-bill basis. Contact your insurance company to change your payment option. The University group rate will expire on your next Liberty Mutual Insurance Company policy renewal dates. The University group rate will continue on Travelers policies.

What are my premium payment options?

You may pay your premium by automatic payroll deduction, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your checking account (down payment required/no fees), direct billing at home (down payment required and installment billing fee applies). The insurance companies can provide additional information regarding payment options. 

If I select automatic payroll deduction, will my paycheck show this deduction?

Yes, each insurance company has a unique payroll deduction description. 

I signed up for payroll deduction. When will deductions begin being taken from my paycheck?

Some time is required to get each policy issued and set up on payroll deduction. However, if two pay cycles have passed without deductions, contact your insurance company to verify payment information.

I pay my premium through payroll deduction, but I received a bill at home. What do I do?

Contact your insurance company to review your account.


What happens if I do not have enough money in my paycheck to cover my premium payment?

If you do not have enough money in your paycheck to cover your full premium payment, no deduction will be taken. After two consecutive missed payments, your insurance company will bill you at your home address for missed deductions in addition to the current premium amount due.

How do I pay my premiums while I am on an unpaid leave of absence?

If you begin an unpaid leave of absence, contact your insurance company to discuss alternate payment options. To reinstate payroll deductions upon your return to work, contact your insurance company.

What do I do if I want to change my payroll deductions?

Contact your insurance company to reinstate payroll deductions or to discuss alternate payment options if you wish to discontinue payroll deductions.

If I have questions about my policy or filing a claim, what should I do?

Please contact your insurance company. A licensed service representative will review your policy and assist you with a claim.

Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (800) 531-8201
Travelers (888) 695-4640

Don't see your question? Ask it here.