The University of Arizona logo

Paid Parental Leave

In support of the University’s commitment to being a family-friendly employer, UA offers up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave following the birth or adoption of a child. This leave is available to parents who:

  • (a) are eligible for full benefits (University, Arizona Department of Administration, and Arizona Board of Regents sponsored benefits),


  • (b) have been employed by UA for at least 12 continuous months immediately prior to the commencement of the requested leave. (Employees on academic-year schedules are eligible for Paid Parental Leave if they are working during consecutive academic years.)

If both parents are UA employees, both are entitled to take 6 weeks leave.

This policy emerged from suggestions made as part of the Campaign for Common Sense, now UAVoice.

If you have any questions about the paid parental leave benefit, please contact the Division of Human Resources. You may reach us at or 520-621-3660.