Important changes to the medical plans for 2021
The Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plans are being replaced.
Blue Cross Blue Shield and UnitedHealthcare will be the medical insurance carriers.
Changes for 2021
- Medical plan changes.
- Premium changes to short-term disability & vision plans.
- Vision discount plan no longer available.
- Temporary grace period for Dependent-Care FSA funds.
- Vendor name changes.
Learn about Your Benefits
- Review the Benefits Guide.
- Attend a Virtual Benefits Expo.
- View premiums.
How to Enroll
We continue to work to make Open Enrollment easier. This year, you'll be able to upload supporting documentation and set up Health Savings Account contributions online.
Reduce Your Out-of-Pocket Expenses
- Open a healthcare flexible spending account.
- Enroll in the Enhanced Wellness Program.
- Choose high-value and in-network physicians.
Information for Retirees
- Where to go for questions.
- Find out if you have ADOA or ASRS insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Flexible spending accounts and the health savings account.
- Short-term disability.
View the recorded virtual Benefits Open Enrollment expo
Watch the recording of the virtual Benefits Open Enrollment expo above, or open the recording in a new window.
Contact the Division of Human Resources
Email the Division of Human Resources between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
- Main Campus: 520-621-3660
- Health Sciences Tucson: 520-626-5593
- Health Sciences Phoenix: 602-827-2600
Need to use a computer?
The Division of Human Resources offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, use of computers is available through appointment in 45-minute blocks*. Call the main campus number to make an appointment.
To use a computer, you must:
- Wear a mask.
- Come prepared to make your benefits elections. To limit contact, guidance cannot be provided while onsite.
*Appointments are for computer use in the University Services Building and for one person at a time only.