Table of Contents
Click on the button to jump to the correct section.
Updates to "Daily Applicant Summary" Email – Aug 29, 2023
We have recently updated the information within our "Daily Applicant Summary" emails. These are emails that Talent automatically sends to search committee members whenever new applicants apply to their open positions. The emails will now include the names of any new applicants, as well as the title of the requisition they have applied to. This change will allow search committee members to more easily identify and access new applications.
If you have any questions or need additional support, you may contact your designated Recruitment Team for support.
Custom E-mail Feature Has Been Turned Off – Jun 23, 2023
The University has turned off the Custom E-mail feature within its Talent portal. The Talent Custom E-mail feature allowed users to send ad-hoc e-mails to applicants through the applicant profile. This decision was made in response to issues that our user population has experienced when using this feature. More specifically, users reported that applicant replies to the custom e-mail are not being recorded in the Applicant Profile, to which there is currently no fix.
Now that this feature has been turned off, users who wish to send ad-hoc e-mails to applicants must use their regular e-mail client outside of Talent.
If you have any questions or need additional support, please contact us at at Talent@arizona.edu.
Resume Parsing Feature Has Been Turned Off – Apr 5, 2023
The University has turned off the automatic resume parsing feature within its applicant portal. The Talent resume parsing feature automatically extracted data from the applicant’s resume or curriculum vitae and populated the information in their application. This decision was made in response to issues that our applicant population has experienced when using this feature. More specifically, applicants reported that their resumes/curriculum vitaes were not being parsed properly and that the feature was resulting in a substantial amount of manual correction.
Now that this feature has been turned off, any time that an applicant uploads a resume or curriculum vitae as part of their application, the information will no longer automatically populate into the application's ‘Professional Experience’, ‘Education’, and ‘Skills/Certifications/Licenses’ sections. Instead, applicants will be able to enter information into these sections as applicable manually. If you have any questions about this change, please contact us at Talent@arizona.edu.
Updated University Staff Pay Ranges — Jun 30, 2021
New pay ranges will be applied to University Staff positions effective 07/01/2021. When creating new requisitions, please do not copy requisitions created before 07/01/2021 given that these requisitions will not reflect the newly established pay ranges. If you have any questions or need support updating the advertised rate of pay for an existing requisition, please contact your designated
- Talent - Requisition Guide
- Talent - Applicant Management Guide
- Talent - User Provisioning Chart
- Talent - User Requests
- Talent - Offer Letter Guide
- Talent - Search Committee Member Guide
- Talent - Emails and Content
- Talent - HR Requisition & Offer Approvers
- Talent - Bookmarking Guide
- Talent - Offer Letter Sections
- Talent - Bulk Applicant Download
- Procedure for Enabling Bulk Download Applications Feature in Firefox Browser
- Talent - Creating a Requisition
- Talent - Approving a Requisition
- Talent - Searching for a Requisition
- Talent - Searching for Applicants
- Talent - Navigating Applications
- Talent - Dispositioning Applicants
- Talent - Collecting References
- Talent - Editing Pending Requisitions
- Talent - Scheduling Interviews
- Talent - Interview Manager
- Talent - Initiating and Building an Offer Letter
- Talent - Routing an Offer Letter for Approval
- Talent - Approving an Offer Letter
- Talent - Sending an Offer Letter to a Candidate
Note Effective 1/24/2020:
- The "Hiring Manager" field in the requisition is now used to list the Supervisor for the position rather than the Primary Owner.
- List all your position numbers under the "Position Number" field (including the position number you used to create the requisition).